I just finished reading Brsingr, by Christopher Paolini. It is an excellent book in my opinion, and I cannot wait for the fourth book to be published. It will be hard to wait, but I am glad that Christopher Paolini decided to make the series into four books, instead of three, because otherwise events would have happened too fast.
In contrasting this series to others, I feel this was written very well. Take Harry Potter for example. Now, don’t get me wrong, I like those books too. But while I was reading them, I never really got the feeling that Harry was growing up or maturing very much. Yes, he learned many things, but one time while I was reading the fifth or sixth book, I realized that he was no longer 12 or 13, but rather 15 or 16. In comparison, I feel that Eragon has matured very much, and is not so naïve by the third book. I anticipate the fourth book very much.
1 comment:
Clarissa, this is my favorite post--I like how you're reading as a writer and considering the changes a character makes. What do you think Paolini does to specifically make this clear? Thanks for sharing. Ms. G.
Post a Comment